Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Confession

Now I love Christmas.  I love everything about it.  I love visiting with friends and family, spending too much money, and eating too much food.  I especially love decorating for the holidays.

Too quickly the holidays are gone and I must face the inevitable.   It is time to begin removing the signs of the festivities.  I enjoy decorating for Christmas, but I hate undecorating.  The unanswered question is--Where do I put all this stuff?  Since I ask that question every year, one would think that eventually I would learn to stop adding to my collection of Christmas mishmash.  But every year I think of something else that will enhance the ambiance.  Actually to be quite honest, I think of the addition before packing away the current year's collection.  The following year I buy more ornaments that I don't have room to store.  I know that some genius has invented wonderful plastic green or red tubs of varying sizes to store Christmas paraphernalia.  Now where does one store the tubs after packing them.  There are only so many closets in a house. 

I must confess that I am addicted to Christmas.  I simply have no restraint when it comes to Christmas.  I buy too much, cook too much, and eat too much.  However, I will not confess to enjoying the holidays too much.  If that possibility exists I haven't discovered it.  In case you are wondering what I plan to do about my addiction, the answer is nothing.  I am happily addicted to Christmas and somehow, I will store my collection--until next year.

No comments: