Thursday, March 3, 2011

See God's Hand at Work

I received this email from the Brighton Publishing, who is publishing my latest book in e-book format.  It is a perfect example of how God works.
 
Theresa,
 
I thought I would share something interesting with you that you were not aware of. The company had actually passed on your short story manuscript for publishing. It wasn't a permanent rejection, just that they felt we had other submissions that presented the company with a higher profit prospective. I was going to tell you the following day that we were going to pass on your work. That evening when I was at home, for some reason I opened you manuscript on my computer and re-read it. That's when I came upon the idea of re-discussing your manuscript with acquisitions regarding the e-book format. We had never thought of the idea of publishing a work in a traditional format in e-book first and then going to print later. Acquisitions like the idea and that's when I contacted you.
 
To give you an idea of the remote possibility of me doing that, we get around 30 submissions a day. We have hundreds in queue just waiting to be read. Once acquisitions passes on a work, it's pretty much dead in the water. I have never gone back and re-visited a manuscript, especially after acquisitions had turned it down. We only followup on maybe one in 1100 submissions and only make an offer on a small percentage of those followups. The chance of this happening with your manuscript is so remote as to be virtually non-existent.
 
I really don't know what inspired me to take another look at your work that evening, but I am very glad that I did. I just thought you might find this interesting considering your prayer the previous day.
Just wanted to share this information with you.
 
Sincerely,

Don McGuire
Acquisitions Editor
Brighton Publishing
http://brightonpublishing.com

No comments: