Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Unusual Discipline

When they were in school, my children usually took their lunches because they did not care for the cafeteria meals.  Every morning I made sandwiches, packed chips and cookies, and sent my not-so-eager-learners on their way.  One morning as I was attempting to make lunches, I discovered that I did not have enough supplies. 

When my daughter came into the kitchen, I said, "You are going to have to buy your lunch today."

She replied, "Okay."

When my oldest son came in a few minutes later, I said, "You boys are going to have to buy your lunches today."

He asked, "Why, what did we do?"

I had not realized that buying school lunches could be considered a disciplinary measure.

1 comment:

All About Jillzy said...

This is hilarious! I just had to comment. Great story!