Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Unlocked: At Story of Love

I recently read a book called Unlocked: A Story of Love, written by Karen Kingsbury.  It is the story of a child with autism who is completely nonverbal.  Through music and the love of a Friend, he begins to speak.  I will admit that I was impressed with the story, as I am with all of Karen's, but I was a little unsettled because it was giving information not proven by science.  At the end of the book, I did a complete turn-around.  The story is based on the true story of a child in the Christian Theater group in Karen Kingsbury's hometown..

If you know someone who has autism or even if you don't, you will love this story.  Through this miracle a lot of people were able to get their priorities straight and several came to know Christ as saviour.  I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a child, life, Christ, or miracles.

1 comment:

The Paradise Series said...

One of the biggest mysteries of our world is life itself. We know so little and there is always so much to learn. I have had many theories over my lifetime only to find that many others have had the same thoughts. Life is good and we must get the best out of it by doing our best. Dr Robert E McGinnis, an author who will live as long as his books are read.