Thursday, May 19, 2011

More Extreme Couponing

I received several comments on the Extreme Couponing post.  Most thought these couponers were bordering on hoarding.  I do have to agree.  However to be fair, there are people who do extreme couponing and donate the extra to less fortunate people.  Some donate it to food banks and others donate it to missionaries. 

I have been trying to clip coupons.  It is very time consuming.  My hat is off to people who would spend 60 hours a week to donate food to others.  This is proof that there are many ways to give to the less fortunate.  We can give money, ourselves, or time.  I Corinthians 3:7 says, So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.  It is up to us to do what we can and trust God to do the rest.  Once when I was going through a difficult time someone wrote me a note in an effort to help.  It said, Work as if everything depends on you.  Pray as if everything depends on God.
Pretty good advice.

No comments: