Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Did I Fail?

Many of you have been reading about Denise and my efforts to help her with a prescription drug addiction.  If you have read my blogs, you know that she did go for medical detox, but left before being moved to the facility that houses the 90 day rehab program. 

Denise is now angry with me.  Each time I talk to her, she tells me how bad the place was and says, "I can't believe you betrayed me like that."

My husband has told me often in the last few days, "You did the right thing.  I don't know if I could have done that.  I am proud of you."

His support has been unwaivering and I have needed it.  I have also been very grateful for that support.  He can usually tell by the look on my face that I need to hear once again that I did the right thing.  His words are sweet and mean a lot to me.  The other day as he was repeating the encouragement, he said "This is not over.  God is not through with this yet.  You just wait, it will turn out right."  I hope he is correct about it turning out right.  I know he is correct about God not being through with this yet.  How do I know?  Denise is still on this earth.  When God is through, she will be healed or He will have taken her home with him.  Maybe we should all practice "wait, it will turn out right".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Theresa,

I admire you so much for having the courage to do what you know she needed and not what was going to make her happy. So many people would have thrown up their hands and declared her an adult, but you recognized that she WASN'T capable of making sounds decisions for herself about this. I've been praying for Denise and for you. You've been strong and courageous...keep it up.