Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesday's Twist--Satan's Attack

What is Tuesday Twist?  It is when I write about something that I find ironic.  What is a twist?  It is when something is meant to go one way and turns completely around.

This Tuesday's Twist is about an attack that Satan attempted on the John 3:16 Marketing Network.  This is a group of Christian authors who have come together for the purpose of promoting books that bring honor and glory to God.  The founder of our group, Lorilyn, was attempting to send the group an email containing important information about future plans.  She wrote the email and lost it.  It simply disappeared into cyberspace.  She rewrote the email and lost it.  It too disappeared into cyberspace.  She sent us another email saying, "I don't know what is happening."  I knew what was happening and immediately replied to the group that Satan was attacking our group and prayer was needed.  I also felt that we needed a place for our group to write prayer requests, but admitted that I knew nothing about how to accomplish it.

Another member of the group, Jay, created a file on our yahoo group page for the entire group to access.  We can sign up to become prayer warriors.  Anyone in the group can upload prayer requests.  The prayer warriors can access the requests daily and spend some time in prayer on behalf of that person or need. Jay also created a file for updates to prayer requests.  I have had to ask for prayer from this group in the past and they always came through.  Now if I make a prayer request it will be saved in a file for everyone in the group to access.  Before, I had several emails asking for an update on my request.  Now I can post that update for the entire group to see.

Lorilyn has been shouldering most of the responsibility of this group.  As a result of Satan's attack, several members have stepped up and are now sharing responsibility.  Several others have created new ministries for the group. 

I am reminded of the story of Joseph.  Genesis 50:20 says: But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.  Satan meant to attack and hinder the ministry of John 3:16, but God meant it for good. 

No comments: