Thursday, March 21, 2013

Taco Rice

Recipes From the Heart

Taco Rice

Sorry to be so late in the day, but I've been busy.  I just finished a great dish and couldn't wait to share it with you.  I often use Knorr Rice Sides or Pasta Sides to make dinner.  They are good as side dishes, but I usually use them as ingredients in one-dish meals.  Today I used The Cheddar Broccoli Rice Side and Taco seasoned ground turkey.

1 pkg. Knorr Rice Sides Cheddar Broccoli
1lb. taco seasoned ground turkey meat
1 medium onion (chopped).

I browned the meat and chopped onion in a skillet.  Then added about three cups of water and the package of rice/broccoli/seasoning.  I cooked it until the rice absorbed the water (about 10 minutes).  The meat was pre-seasoned.  The rice was pre-seasoned.  So no extra seasoning was needed.  One variation would be to cover it in melted cheddar cheese.


No comments: