Monday, March 11, 2013

Too Many Hypocrites

 Life's Journey

Too Many Hypocrites--One Life Lesson

We've all heard it.  "I'm not going to church because there are too many hypocrites there."   People who say that are exactly right.  There are too many hypocrites in the church.  Do you know how many hypocrites are in the church?  I do.  I feel sure the members of your church who would qualify as a hypocrite are 100%.

What?  Did you just call me a hypocrite?

Yes, I did and before you get mad about it, hear me out.

The Definition of HYPOCRITE. 1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion . 2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or ...

I do not put on a false appearance of virtue or religion.

Oh really???  Do you go around calling everybody you see Brother or Sister?

No, I only do that a church?  But everything else I do all the time.

Really?  Do you hug every member of your family every time you pass them in the hallway?

No, I don't have time for that?

You have time at church.  Do you walk around your house singing?

No, Who sings when they're working around the house?
  
The point is that we all act differently at church than at home.  Even at home we act differently if we have company.  How many times have your spouse or kids embarrassed you in front of company?  The most humbling thing is to have to stand there and smile when you'd really like to smack them. No one talks or acts the same in every situation.  Our behavior is situational. Using that definition, we are all hypocrites to a certain extent.  Think about it.

No comments: