Monday, January 31, 2011

Education in America

There has been much controversy about the quality of education in America versus the quality of other countries.  I decided to do some research on the subject.  Here is what I found:

American students test lower than:
Japan
France
Germany
Switzerland

American students test higher than:
Japan
France
Germany
Switzerland

The quality of American education is lower than:
Japan
France
Germany
Switzerland

The quality of American education is higher than:
Japan
France
Germany
Switzerland

American students are less prepared for college than:
Japan
France
Germany
Switzerland

American students are more prepared for college than:
Japan
France
Germany
Switzerland

If you're confused--so am I.  It all depended on who wrote the article (some I could not determine the author). 

Today we will begin a series examining and comparing the education of these countries and maybe a few more.  I will be giving you facts only.  I will save my opinion until the end.  I don't know that we will determine if the quality is better or worse, but maybe we will learn something for ourselves. 

Hang on--it may be a bumpy ride!

No comments: