Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Not My Day

I was visiting Central Market in Houston on Monday when I saw something that looked like cupcakes in the vegetable deli section.  Since that made no sense, I looked closer and discovered that it was individual potato souffles.  Beautiful!  I thought I can make those.  Today was the day I had determined to make them.

I woke up with a migraine and wanted to lie in bed.  The rest of the day went like this:
  • Forced myself to get up and go to a scheduled beauty shop appointment.
  • Stopped to get a spare key from my mother.
  • Cut a friend's hair
  • Stopped at Dollar General for supplies
  • With errands run, back home to relax
  • Thought this is ridiculous.  Cook the potato souffles for your family
  • Cooked potatoes
  • Mixed souffles
  • Filled muffin cups
  • Began piping decorative design on top.  Beautiful.
  • Not enough potato mixture to complete designs on all souffles.
  • Cook more potatoes
  • Mash extra potatoes
  • Complete piping decorative design on individual souffles
  • Open oven door to place muffin pan in and bake souffles
  • Oven door hits muffin pan, knocks it out of my hand
  • Muffin pan lands upside down on floor
  • Scrape souffle off floor
  • Mop floor
  • Go back to recliner where I wanted to stay in the first place.
And you think you had a bad day.

No comments: