Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stuffed Chicken

You know you have done something well when your adult child asks how you did it.  This happened last night when I cooked a dish I have cooked several times.  Apparently not when my daughter was home.  After the meal, she asked for the recipe.  I told her how to cook it.  Later she came back into the living room and asked again.  This morning before going to work, she clarified the instructions.  I thought it was a wonderful dish, now I KNOW it is.  My child asked for directions three times.  If it is that good, I'll share it with others.



Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Chicken Breasts
You will need:
plump, boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 per person)
1 slice of bacon per chicken breasts
cream cheese
asparagus (or green beans)
olive oil
salt
pepper

Butterfly the chicken breasts.  Slice cream cheese into about 1/4 inch slices.  Put 1 slice in the fold of the butterflied chicken breasts.  Place 3 or 4 asparagus or green beans in the fold.  Spray with olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Roll chicken breasts, cream cheese, and asparagus into a "roll".  Wrap one piece of bacon around each roll.  Secure with a skewer.  Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with slt and pepper. 

Bake at 400 degrees 30-45 minutes depending on thickness of chicken breasts.

I hope you enjoy this recipe.  If you modify it, please share with us.

No comments: