Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Internet Woes

This morning I was writing a children's book and wanted to reference something from McDonald's menu, so I did an internet search.  I googled McDonald's Menu.  1,890,000 results appeared.  I clicked on the first one Food: McDonalds.com where the description read: view the complete McDonald's menu.  Isn't that what I wanted?  A pop-up window with many links for McDonald's appeared.  I clicked on the first link.  Another pop-up window appeared with just as many links for McDonald's.  I clicked on the first link.  Another pop-up window appeared with just as many links for McDonald's.

I went through no less than 5 pop-up windows and never found the complete menu.  I just kept getting pop-up windows.  As I am writing this, I attempted again.  I googled McDonald's menu.  1,890,000 (actual number) results appeared.  I clicked on the first one.  Immediately a picture of McDonald's menu appeared on my screen.

I did exactly the same thing 4 hours apart and received completely different results.  Gotta love technology.

No comments: