Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bird in the Attic

Several years ago, my husband bought a smoke alarm for an older relative (identity concealed for protection of author).  Several months later she called her two sons and reported that there was a bird in her attic and someone needed to get it out.  Finally one son said, "Okay, I'll come over in the morning and get the bird out of your attic.  Make some coffee and I'll be there after I take the kids to school." 

While they were sitting at the dining table drinking coffee, they heard a chirp.  The lady said, "Did you hear that?  I am tired of hearing that bird chirp.  You have to get it out of the attic." 

Her son said, "Mother, do you have a smoke detector?"

She proudly said, "Oh, yes.  Sam bought one for me."

Her son said, "Where is it?"

"Up on top of the refrigerator."

"There is your bird.  You need to change the battery." 

Her son bought a new battery and installed it in the smoke detector.  The bird stopped chirping.

No comments: