Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Results of Writing Contest

view detailsI entered a writing contest from Center for Writing Excellence.  The contest is called Fiction in Five.  The contestants are sent a writing prompt on Monday morning and have five days to write a fiction story from the prompt. 

One of the story prompts for April was My Nana was always right...that is until the day she...  I wrote a story about a grandmother who was shocked by an electrical outlet. 

This was my first contest and I looked forward to the results.  I received an email yesterday that the winner was....not me.  I was very disappointed.  I had been hoping for at least Honorable mention.  I deleted that email and opened the next one.  That email informed me that I had placed second in the contest.

Both first and second place stories have been published on the Center for Writing Excellence website.  Please log on to http://janiewrites.com/writing-contests/year-two-fiction-in-five-winners/april-2012-fiction-in-five-winners/ read both stories.

1 comment:

Deborah H. Bateman said...

Congratulations. I haven't entered any writing contests yet, but you are inspiring me to give it a try. Blessings, Deborah H. Bateman-Author