Friday, January 21, 2011

Rival Mini Food Chopper

It is not often that I will endorse a product, but this one is worth it.  About a week ago, my husband bought some pimento cheese for a dish.  We were not overly pleased with the taste.  I decided to try making my own.  I did my research and found a recipe that I thought we would like.  One problem.  It required a food processor.  I don't own a food processor, so I used my high speed blender.  It worked okay, but not great.  It took a long time and I had to stop the blender several times to stir the mixture.  The consistency was still not as creamy as my husband wanted.

Yesterday I found a mini food chopper made by Rival at Wal-mart.  I decided to give it a try even though it does not claim to be a food processor.  It was less than $10.00 so what did I have to loose.  I brought it with me to the lake-house.  Using the same recipe, I tried making the pimento cheese for lunch.   It whipped up the mixture in less than one minute.  The consistency is creamy like my husband likes.  I was very pleased with the results.

I like to keep homemade soup in the freezer at the lake-house for quick meals without a lot of cooking.  I had planned to spend the weekend making soups and freezing them.  This little food chopper cut my work in half.  It is absolutely the best $10.00 tool I own. 

No comments: