Monday, February 21, 2011

Answered Prayer: Third Book to be Released

Yesterday the pastor was preaching about answered prayer.  He told the story of a pastor who was asked how he got so many of his prayers answered.  He replied, "When I pray, I believe that God will answer and I begin immediately acting on that belief.  He always answers."  The pastor said that when we pray, we should never let the thought that God may not answer enter our heads.  He said we should believe that God will answer the prayer--maybe not the way we want.  But He will answer in His time.

I began practicing this method yesterday.  I was praying for the funds to remodel our lakehouse where we plan to move when my husband retires.  Like I usually do, I would pray about the remodel and then think If we don't have enough money, we can do it this way.  Then I began reprimanding myself for not believing that God would answer my prayer.  I determined to believe that He would answer and stop considering alternatives.

When I checked Email last night, I had an offer from Brighton Publishing to publish my third book.  I prayed, "Lord, if this is the publisher You want me to work with, please let them pick up the book as a traditional" (they pay all the cost). 

I just received a phone call from Brighton Publishing that they are willing to publish my third book as an E-book-- at no cost to me.  If it does well as an E-book, we will go to print.  The best part is that it will be ready in about 8 weeks.  That means that my three books will be officially released about a week apart. 

The new book is a compilation of stories for children.  Most of them have a Christian message.  There a few that are just for fun. 

I am very excited about the third book, working with Brighton Publishing and the answer to prayer.  I am honored that God is allowing me to minister through writing.  I am also thankful that He has sent me to two Christian publishers.  I will keep you updated on the progress of the new book.

No comments: