Thursday, May 12, 2011

More Operator Calls

Caller (inquiring about legal requirements while traveling in Europe)  "If I register my car in France, and then take it to England, do I have to change the steering wheel to the other side of the car?"

Caller:  I'd like the number of the Argo Fish Bar, please.
Operator:  I'm sorry, there's no listing.  Are you sure that the spelling is correct?
Caller:  Well, it used to be called the Bargo Fish Bar but the 'B' fell off.

Then there was the caller who asked for a knitwear company in Woven.
Operator: Woven?  Are you sure?
Caller:  Yes.  That's what it says on the label---Woven in Scotland.

On another occasion, a man making heavy breathing sounds from a phone box told a worried operator: 'I haven't got a pen, so I'm steaming up the window to write the number on.

Caller: I deleted a file from my PC last week and I just realized that I need it.  So, if I turn my system clock back two weeks will I get my file back again?

Please let me remind you--these are your neighbors.

No comments: