Thursday, February 23, 2012

Waiting On God

Several times I have seen a commercial advertising a dating website for Christians.  During the commercial, the announcer says something like often times we are waiting on God and He is saying It's your turn to move.  I do not want to misquote so I am not putting that in quotation marks.  I do agree that there are times we sit on the sidelines when we should be taking part in the 'game'. 

However, I seem to have more trouble moving before God.  I see a situation taking place and in my zeal to right the wrong, I chart what in my opinion is the correct course and set sail.  I navigate the rough seas, ride the ship-swallowing waves, fight fires on the ship, and sooth ruffled feathers of my crewmen.  Once I've reached the other shore and look back over my journey, I usually find that if I had waited on God, the sailing would have been much easier and my impending exhaustion was completely unnecessary.

There have been times I have created a problem where there wasn't one or made a small problem bigger because I didn't wait on God.  I moved before it was my turn.  Yes there are times that we miss blessings because we don't move when God leads us.  But there are just as many times, if not more that we create havoc because we didn't wait on God.  Psalms 37:9 says, for evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.  What could we accomplish if we moved when God lead and waited until He did?

No comments: