Thursday, March 8, 2012

Free Ebooks

I really must start this blog with an apology.  There have been many times that I have receive emails from other authors telling me that their book is free to download for a limited time.  It has just now occurred to me that I can pass this along to my readers.  I am so sorry that I have failed to let you in on a little know secret.   I will try to let you know when these treasures come across my desk.  Here is the one I received this morning.  It is important to remember that this offer is only good for the preset time.  Don't let this one get by you.  It is from author Martin Roth.  Download it today.
Martin writes:  My novel "Prophets and Loss," is free for two days at the Amazon Kindle bookstore. This is the first in the Johnny Ravine private detective series, and was originally published here in Australia in 2009 by Ark House. They just recently gave me permission to place it on Kindle as an ebook. The second in the series, "Hot Rock Dreaming," was a finalist in the 2011 Australian Christian Book of the Year awards. http://www.amazon.com/Prophets-Loss-Johnny-Ravine-ebook/dp/B00731P266/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_4

Synopsis:
Forgiveness is the most attractive of the virtues. Until you actually have someone to forgive.

When Melissa Stonelea's born-again Christian husband Grant is found strangled in the bondage room of the city's classiest brothel, a page of the Bible stuffed in his mouth, she doesn't need to hear more of her pastor's sermons on the healing powers of forgiveness. She needs revenge.

Enter private detective Johnny Ravine, seeking the quiet life in Australia after more than twenty years as a freedom fighter in East Timor. The murdered man was his best friend. But, as he starts to investigate the slaying, a mysterious phone call and then a bullet through his window plunge him into the heart of a deadly terrorist conspiracy.

Suddenly he finds himself locked inside a shady world of stock market manipulators, sex workers and underground militia, while desperately hunting the killers. But Johnny is concealing a violent past and demons of his own. Can he crack the mystery before he himself cracks?

No comments: