Monday, June 11, 2012

Seeking a Friend For The-- End of The World

There is a new movie being released on 6/22/12 called Seeking a Friend For The--End of The World.  Here is one promo: As an asteroid nears Earth, a man finds himself alone after his wife leaves in a panic. He decides to take a road trip to reunite with his high school sweetheart.

In the movie the world is going to end and this man is trying to decide what to do with the little time he has left.  News Flash:  The world is going to end someday.  But unlike the characters in the movie, I am not seeking a friend.  I already have one.  My friend is the son of the creator himself.  He wrote me a love letter and in it promised to take care of me for all eternity.  Here are only a few of his promises:
  • “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
    Matthew 24:36
  • Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
    Luke 23:43
  • For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    John 3:16
  • Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
    John 3:17-19
  • This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
    1 John 4:9
  • “Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you.
    Acts 13:38
Do you have a friend for the end of the world?  If not please consider accepting Christ as your Savior.  It is simple and quick. 

No comments: