In the movie the world is going to end and this man is trying to decide what to do with the little time he has left. News Flash: The world is going to end someday. But unlike the characters in the movie, I am not seeking a friend. I already have one. My friend is the son of the creator himself. He wrote me a love letter and in it promised to take care of me for all eternity. Here are only a few of his promises:
- “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
- Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
- This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
1 John 4:9
- “Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you.